Arrows may not center when in edit mode. Once site is published, the arrow will be centered on the tab
When the site is published, this border and note will not show up.
Drag & drop your tab 1 content here
Listen to the Music - by Category
Country/Americana (think Jason Isbell)
Holiday - Halloween
Holiday - Christmas
Drag & drop your tab 2 content here
People ask why I recorded a CD with 40 songs... RAW is a sampler platter of Cally Raduenzel's
musical styles from pop, country-rock, to alternative. Buy the ticket and take the ride!
1) Spit In My Hair- This was the last song of the 40 I wrote because I was so affected by the school shootings happening all over the country and the passing of Phillip Seymour Hoffman, one of my favorite actors.
2) Rudi Nappi's Girl- I love pulp fiction novels. The stories are dark, dramatic, seedy and scandalous...full of intrigue and adventure! Rudi Nappi was actually a well known artist who did amazing illustrations for the book covers of this cool genre.I thought I'd use him as an actual character in a rockabilly song, so this time he'd get top billing! Rockabilly and pulp fiction go together like chocolate and peanut butter...so dig it!
3) Everybody's Got an Angle- TV, politics, media...everybody's got "all the answers" or is pointing the finger, but is anyone actually trying to fix anything or are they just "arm chair critics." Who can you trust?
4) Something Needs to Be Sacred- Reggae is spiritual and this song is all about how substance and integrity can make you feel more grounded and rooted as opposed to "upgrading" yourself into misery.
5) Good As It Gets- A BIG SHOW STOPPER that is all about appreciating what you have...because Life is all about perceptions. "Here's where Adele meets Aretha," someone said after they heard it!
6) There Is No Greater Love- Another BIG SHOW STOPPER with R&B flavor about loving someone who is drifting away.
7) Drunklady- It's a sing-a-long people! Call and response...Funny, goofy and TRUE! Get ready for some shits and giggles, Bob Dylan style...then go get a beer at Carols Country Inn and you just may see our drunken angel!
8) How One Sided I Have Been- Sometimes the people you love and appreciate most get the least amount of time in your life...this song says, "I love you, I thank you and YOU MATTER TO ME."
9) Nerdling- Graphic novelists don't get no respect! My favorite comix artists/ illustrators get props in this dancy-groovy style song (that ironically most of the artists mentioned here will not even like). These artists are my Prozac!
10) Up In the Old Hotel- Groovy R&B number which was inspired after I read Joseph Mitchell's amazing book of collected stories he wrote for the New Yorker Magazine. It's about the eccentrics and folks who lived on the fringes of society of NYC in the 1930's-60's. One of THE coolest most influential books I have ever read...a man of the street...a man of the people!
11) I've Got A Plan- Fun, upbeat...and freakin' true! But you know what they say about plans..."life happens while you're busy making other plans," and that's where the adventure begins!
12) So Done- Acoustic and haunting...when you are feeling beat down by life...and dealt a bad hand.
13) Litter Box Lightening (I Need A Vacation)- I wrote this snappy lil' tune as a joke to make myself laugh and it actually turned out really fun! Start your day or your house cleaning with this tune! GET FUNKY!!!
14) It Took You- 90's style love song that rocks...for my best gal...you may know her!
15) Your Demons Can Take You Down- This country tune was inspired by none other then David Allen Coe! I was probing the internet one night and came upon an interview between he and Al Goldstein (smut peddler extraordinaire, SCREW) on Midnight Blue (Al's low budget TV show). I was intrigued by the contradictions of David's life. He's crazy but he's got talent...he's also been his worst enemy. It got me to thinking and I came up with this song.
16) Artists Blues- I was working on a blues song...and yea, its personal, cause that's how the blues roll. Luckily the blues are also about surviving and thriving despite the set backs of life! Right B.B. King!
17) Hauula- My most heavenly place in Oahu. My brother and his wife moved there from the mainland and I went to visit him...and I found the missing piece of me...in him...in Hauula! Ooooo, I'm getting misty! Listen to this song and take a vacation!
18) Sick As Your Worst Secrets- Irish/punk inspired the sound of this song but a couple of friends who did me wrong inspired the content! If ya don't fix your issues your issues will fix YOU!
19) Echo In a Silent Town- My Grandmother once told me "My Way," was my theme song and I was OFFENDED! I just played the cards that life had dealt me! But as the years have rolled on, yea, Grandmother...this song is my rock n' roll version/interpretation of Frankie's classic.
20) Smug Intellectual- Can you feel yourself driving a big lemon yellow 70's Lincoln Continental through the mean streets of Chicago contemplating opinions of people who don't know what they are talking about... Roll your eyes and sing along!
21) Hi-Fi-Sci-Fi (Star Trek vs. Dune)- We always think the future of the human race is like Star Trek but what if its the desert waste land of Dune. I'll let you deicide in this "movie soundtrack-like" song.
22) Long Road To Nowhere- A Man contemplates his life decisions R&B style.
23) Oh Cheever (John Cheever's Song)- Acoustic rock number vocalizing the life and myth of one of American literatures greatest writers of America in the 1950's.
24) Get Your Priorities Straight (Hunters Song)- Hunter S. Thompson was a no bullshit/straight shooter when it came to his writing...so is this song.
25) Dear Sean- Dedicated to my dear friend Sean Kemp who died far too early at the age of 36. I had so many plans for us- but now, I'll see ya in heaven, buddy.
26) Funky Side of Life- My dad worked on the Southside of Chicago in the 1970's...good memories of soul/funk music and fashion!
27) All My Mother's Husbands- A perfect country song theme to reminisce about my unique upbringing.
28) Why Is There A Casket In Front of Your Front Door- A true Halloween story...sing along!
29) Arrogant Bastard- More irish/punk/rock as a lament to all the arrogant bastards out there. Know any?
30) Strong and Fading Sun- Inspired as a sea song about the plight of a fisherman who must make a sacrifice to save his future. In the wee-small hours...
32) Scrapbook of Songs- Musical snapshot of my best friend and I growing up in the 1980's. How music affected every aspect of my life.
32) Permanent October- Theme song of my book by the same name! My friend Larry plays mandolin on this lovely song meant to invoke feelings of endless autumn days.
33) Red Ryder- Comic book hero of Ralphie, from A Christmas Story. The song is a lament on simpler times done in a rowdy-rock song!
34) Appointment At The End of The World- Inspired by the first sentence of the novel Out Of Africa. I would have never read this book but my Grandma who had Alzheimer's loved this story...so I attempted to read it to her...she told me to SHUT UP PLEASE! LOL. But I kept reading after she passed. I felt a deep kinship with author/fish out of water Isak Dinesen a.k.a Karen Blixen.
35) Algren- Melodic song about Chicago's nitty gritty Northside writer. He knew how to write about the back alley's of human life and he has inspired me.
36) Shining State of Mind- Ever felt like Jack Nicholson from the Shining...when you are having a rough day? Here's your song!
37) Temporary Attitudes- How the USA banks/traders/consumers forgot the old saying "buyer beware".
38) I Liked You Better When You Were Fatter- Dance'y tune that was inspired by a fun singer who turned into a model and lost her music career in the process.
39)Expat- When you feel like a stranger in a strange land in the backyard of your life.
40) Rapa-Nui- A lullaby meant to relax the listener...and like Bill Cosby used to say, "you might just learn something" about world explorers and the inhabitants of Easter Island. Paul Theroux novels inspired!
Drag & drop your tab 3 content here
Open your mind to the songs of other countries!
• Hector Lavoe (sexy, jazzy, deep)
• Alfonso Lovo- Jazzy- Nicaraguan soul
• Die Toten Hosen- German pop rock (think Imagine Dragons)
• Family Fodder- French New Wavy/Art rock- Savoir Faire
• Arepa 3000- Venezulan Disco• Goblin and the album Volo (my favorite brunch for a sunday soundtrack)
Drag & drop your tab 4 content here
Child of the 80's
• Kasabian (edgy)
• Foster The People (fun)
• Fitz and theTantrums (More Then Just A Dream) (fun)
• FM Belfast (Don't Want To Sleep) (fun)
• Ting Tings (Sounds from Nowhere's Ville) (fun)
• Tegan&Sara (Hearthrob) Summer soundtrack
• M83- Midnight City (Be swept away)
Obsessed With Soul
• Box Set "Can You Dig It"
• Isaac Hayes - Soundtrack of Three Tough Guys
• Black Dynomite Soundtrack
• Dolemite Soundtrack
• Fast Times At Ridgemont High
• Modern Girls Soundtrack
• Times Square
• Tomas Milian Soundtrack (Italian Yacht Rock/Italian Cop)
Drag & drop your tab 5 content here
• On Howard Street
• People Wanna Song About A Party
Drag & drop content here. This gap will be hidden if you don't put any content here when site is published